FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
7th March 2022
LONDON: The Professional Triathletes Organisation (PTO) today announced that it has appointed Nirvana as the official travel partner for the PTO Tour in 2022.
The PTO Tour in 2022 consists of the PTO Canadian Open in Edmonton, Canada on 23rd-24th July, The Collins Cup in Bratislava, Slovakia on 20th-21st August and the PTO US Open in Dallas, Texas on 17th-18th September. Professional Races will see the world’s greatest non-drafting professional male and female triathletes competing for a prize purse of $1,000,0000 for each Open and $1,500,000 for The Collins Cup. Age group racing has also now been announced for all PTO Tour events, giving amateurs the opportunity to meet and race alongside the professionals, a hallmark of the sport of Triathlon.
The partnership will see Nirvana providing travel packages for all races on the PTO Tour starting with the Collins Cup – the game-changing new race format for triathlon, modelled after the Ryder Cup. Age group competitors will be able to absorb all the hair-raising, heart thumping and inspirational action from the professional race on Saturday 20th August before taking to the closed-roads course on Sunday to experience it for themselves.
This Collins Cup package is the ultimate triathlon tour. Designed specifically to give both fans and age groupers the opportunity to experience the world class sporting facilities of the x-bionic®sphere as well as giving exclusive access to the professional athletes taking part in the Collins Cup and includes …
- 5 nights’ accommodation at the 4*official race hotel, the extraordinary x-bionic®sphere with the opportunity to rub shoulders with PTO professional triathletes competing in the Collins Cup
- Airport meet and greet with return private airport transfers (including bike transportation)
- A swim, bike and run training session with a PTO professional triathlete ahead of the Collins Cup
- Exclusive talk and Q&A with the Collins Cup captains ahead of the pro race
- Spectator access to the Collins Cup
- Photo opportunity with the winning Collins Cup team
- Entry to the Collins Cup press conference (subject to availability)
- Guaranteed race entry into the age group race (additional race entry fee applies)
- Race entry fee cancellation insurance, protecting against injury or illness
- Event site familiarisation walk through and Q&A with race director
- Registration pack in hotel
- Priority lane access to bike check-in
- Priority entry at the welcome banquet and awards ceremony
- Bike storage permitted in guest bedrooms
- 3 hour wellness entry per stay
- Unlimited gym, pool and athletic oval access
- All- you-can-eat half board at Olym-pick restaurant with daily athlete friendly breakfast, buffet dinner and early breakfast on race day arranged from 4am
- Event news updates direct from the race organisation in your hotel
- Dedicated experienced Nirvana event manager on the ground in Samorin, to support and assist you throughout
- Water temperature updates and forecasts
- Use of cycle track pumps in hotels & in transition prior to the race start
- Pre-race bike mechanical service provided by our exclusive bike mechanic at the hotel
- Travel and accommodation management of your reservation pre, during and post event
- Private COVID-19 Testing on site for return journey (additional charges apply).
Book the Collins Cup package here.
Sam Renouf, CEO of the PTO, stated: “We are delighted to partner with Nirvana to deliver travel packages for The Collins Cup in year two. Our very first Collins Cup last year showcased our tremendous professionals to a cumulative global audience of close to 7 million triathlon fans across live and highlights with close to 1000 hours of broadcast coverage aired live and on demand in over 165 countries, 22 languages, covering 400 million households. We are thrilled that so many people around the world consumed the inaugural Collins Cup. By adding age group racing we hope to deliver an even better event experience allowing age groupers to race their race and watch the pro’s”.
Nigel Morris, Managing Director, Nirvana stated: “We are delighted to be appointed as the official travel partner for The PTO Collins Cup, building on the success of last year’s inaugural event. Our expertise at delivering logistics for age group racing is unparalleled and we are delighted to assist age group competitors have a weekend to remember racing their own race and watching the pro’s in this most extraordinary venue that is the x-bionic® sphere”.
About the Professional Triathletes Organisation:
The Professional Triathletes Organisation is a not-for-profit entity consisting of professional male and female triathletes who have come together to form a representative body which not only gives them a meaningful voice in the way the sport operates but a means to contribute to its growth for the benefit of the entire triathlon community. The PTO seeks to showcase the passion, talents, determination, struggles and achievements of its dedicated professionals through iconic events, reimagined broadcast and compelling storytelling, inspiring global sports fans to watch, engage and participate in Triathlon.
Nirvana was established in the North East of England on 30th April 1999. Over its 20-year history, the company has grown from having a single product offering as the Official Great North Run (World’s biggest half marathon) accommodation partner, to a strategic partner of some of the world’s biggest sporting events and their athletes. The team has a range of specialisms across travel planning, contracting, logistics, marketing, communications and IT, all focused on supporting our customers achieve their sporting ambition. This long-term association with major events across the world gives us the ideal skill set and knowledge to deliver the travel and accommodation strategy for large organisations, groups as well as individuals and guests travelling to or taking part in a sporting event.
Head of Communications
E: [email protected]
M: +44 (0) 7703 481 478